Director of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 1415
Position Title: DIRECTOR of COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Culture and Communications is responsible for the vision, creation, and execution of an internal communications strategy to support Hair Cuttery Family of Brands. This role is responsible for establishing one voice through the development and execution of a company-wide communications plan in support of Hair Cuttery, Bubbles, and Cibu initiatives.
The Director of Communications works collaboratively with Executives and Business Leaders and engages with subject matter experts both to assure alignment to strategic objectives and consistency to each unique Brand and its desired reputation. They successfully communicate business needs and messaging incorporating our values and our people-first culture.
The role serves as the first point of contact for all communication requests. The Director of Communications plans and coordinates execution, and provides direction to internal resources, using all technologies & methodologies available to engage and inspire our Associates. Reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partners with various leaders to create strategy, objectives, key messages and appropriate voices in delivering every aspect of communications
- Identifies opportunities for creative and inspiring internal communications support in every appropriate initiative
- Collaborates with business leaders to develop employee recognition programs
- Partners with Marketing team on strategic messaging delivered through our various channels, so that internal communications messaging is aligned to overall strategy
- Partners with HR team on employee messaging around administration of company policies and procedures
- Promotes diversity and inclusion and CSR efforts both internally and externally
- Creates and ensures a strategic approach to all messaging and audiences
- Leads change management around methodologies/technologies
Ensures Delivery of Implementation Plan
- Executes the internal communications plan, making adjustments as business needs change; communicates effectively as the plan is executed
- Formally seeks regular feedback from leaders and builds insights into the plan to enhance progress
- Takes full accountability of all communications plans from concept through delivery
Captures and Speaks to Our Culture
- Leads employee engagement initiatives that promote “people first” culture and company values
- Learns and quickly adapts to our unique, caring culture ensuring all communications “speak our language” using emotion and compassion as appropriate
- Identifies the need and successfully creates heartfelt communications that convey to our Associates our “people first” culture
- Segments audiences and uses appropriate voice to reach each specific, target group
Provides Quality Leadership
- Oversees strategy and execution of internal and external communications
- Provides tactical guidance over the maintenance of our company values and culture
- Actively supports and models the company’s values and leadership competencies
- Creates and maintains a positive and inclusive work environment
- Abides by all company and government employment laws and regulations
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership in communications/public relations, with a heavy emphasis on internal communication
- Proven track record of successfully creating strategic plans, execution and the achievement of measurable results through deliverables and tactics
- Demonstrated success in creating and delivering compassionate communications using emotion and empathy, creating a strong connection to their audience
- Proven ability to segment communications to speak to appropriate audiences in a voice that builds Associate loyalty and engagement
- A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects from start to finish
- Strong operational knowledge of digital, social media, and mobile communications as well as traditional approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work collaboratively and support multiple clients
- Problem solving skills with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Being curious, respect deadlines, and engage team members and partners appropriately
- Sense of humor
- Passion for high growth
- Utilize and maximize systems and technology to support the growth of the company
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K, Vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO)
About the Family
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands is a people-centric company, focused on Associates and Guests. The Hair Cuttery Family of Brands provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all applicants.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands (HCFB) is the official home of Hair Cuttery®, Bubbles ® and CIBU®. As a multi-brand company of hair salons and professional styling products, HCFB provides an affordable indulgence for all. Putting our stylists at the heart of our business allows us to embrace a hospitality-driven approach to hair care.
After relaunching in 2020 with a mission to create human connections by giving the confidence of style, our company empowers thousands of Salon Professionals to deliver exceptional Guest Service. HCFB continues to transform the beauty industry by adopting tech solutions that personalize the Guest experience inside and outside of the salon. We are the everything hair experience for the entire family.
We are committed to providing the support you need to succeed! And, as a competitive, evolving business, our people have confidence in a future with us. At HCFB, you have the opportunity to control how much money you earn and your quality of life while working in a caring, family environment. Whether you are a new beauty school graduate or an experienced Stylist with a book of loyal clients, we offer a place to build the career of your dreams.
Location_formattedLocationLong: REMOTE, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage