Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 2869
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
A Business Intelligence Analyst, or Business Intelligence Specialist, is responsible for managing data retrieval and analysis within an organization. Their duties include organizing data points, communicating between upper management and the IT department, and analyzing data to determine a corporation’s needs.
Work with Finance, Merchandising and Technology to determine information analytics needs to solve business problems. Collaborate with business leaders and the technical team to provide Tableau dashboard and reporting to meet those needs. Assist the business in understanding correlations and meaning of the data to improve the decision-making process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyzing and determining information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Developing Tableau reporting and dashboards based on company requirements.
- Coordinating new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with the existing data warehouse structure
- Reviewing business requests for data and data usage and research data sources for new and better data feeds
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
- Coordinating the testing of designed applications and dashboards
- Staying current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and participating in special projects as required
- Relentlessly pushing to understand customer needs and ensures the customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Collaborating with internal partners.
- Preparing, maintaining, and monitoring project plans to ensure projects stay on track.
- Reviewing all dashboards and reporting for completeness, quality, and adherence to standards.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of technology and business trends to better service customers.
- Communicating project status timely and effectively with leader, customers, and impacted associates.
What will make you successful:
- BA or BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems required.
- 5-8 years’ of experience with business analytics.
- Minimum 4+ years Tableau dashboard and reporting development and implementation.
- Strong SQL development skills desired, writing complex queries and stored procedures with SQL, PL/SQL, and T-SQL
- Deep experience with data visualizations and tools, preferably with Tableau experience
- Experience working with business leaders on analyzing large data sets and recommending appropriate business actions to solve problems.
- Proficient with Tableau dashboards and reporting.
- Strong SQL skills
- Able to effectively use Slack
- Ability to use standard project management methodologies and tools.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to influence peers on required activities leading to successful project implementation.
- Able to effectively prioritize the project workload and plan accordingly.
- Must have strong verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to effectively exchange and discuss information over the phone and via email with internal customers including senior executives.
- Must be able to plan and perform work assignments based on an understanding of goals and objectives.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision and follow limited written and verbal instructions
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K, Vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO)
About the Family
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands is a people-centric company, focused on Associates and Guests. Our Promise is to do the right thing, right the wrong, and show up every day to support YOU. Our Purpose is to deliver an exceptional experience and a confidence boost, one Guest at a time.
The Hair Cuttery Family of Brands provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all applicants.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands (HCFB) is the official home of Hair Cuttery®, Bubbles ® and CIBU®. As a multi-brand company of hair salons and professional styling products, HCFB provides an affordable indulgence for all. Putting our stylists at the heart of our business allows us to embrace a hospitality-driven approach to hair care.
After relaunching in 2020 with a mission to create human connections by giving the confidence of style, our company empowers thousands of Salon Professionals to deliver exceptional Guest Service. HCFB continues to transform the beauty industry by adopting tech solutions that personalize the Guest experience inside and outside of the salon. We are the everything hair experience for the entire family.
We are committed to providing the support you need to succeed! And, as a competitive, evolving business, our people have confidence in a future with us. At HCFB, you have the opportunity to control how much money you earn and your quality of life while working in a caring, family environment. Whether you are a new beauty school graduate or an experienced Stylist with a book of loyal clients, we offer a place to build the career of your dreams.
Location_formattedLocationLong: REMOTE, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage