Head of Merchandising & Inventory Planning
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 3106
Position Title: Head of Merchandising & Inventory Planning
The Head of Merchandising & Inventory Planning is a senior management position primarily responsible for ensuring that the Company’s replenishment and analysis processes maximize fill rates, sales, margins, and inventory turns. This position requires someone that can be effective in an environment without mature systems and processes and can manage interpersonal relationships across a diverse group of people and drive change and growth while still respecting the company’s past.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the merchandising planning process to deliver on strategic and financial objectives, including managing key vendor relationships, performing and managing the analysis of results and trends to determine sales opportunities, markdown levels, and planning and coordinating visual merchandising activities.
- Ensure supply chain processes, including replenishment, are in place to effectively manage demands across stores.
- Be a partner to the entire executive team in developing and executing the overall strategic and financial plan for the business
- Communicate existing and new initiatives to the executive and within the merchandising team to drive awareness and adoption.
- Build, mentor, and lead a high-performing, growth-oriented merchandising team to deliver on the strategic merchandising plan, focusing on product development, assortment planning, and esthetics.
- Pursue all opportunities to identify and improve processes and drive sales results.
- Improve processes and strategy to help scale, sustain and automate business processes where possible.
- Develop and articulate a clear vision for merchandising value-oriented salons, including opening management of price point products, use of opportunity buys and creating an appropriate assortment for each category
- Regularly review the performance of categories of products and of vendors and take appropriate actions personally as well as working through the buying and merchandising teams.
- Develop analytical and planning capabilities and tools across the enterprise.
- Manage the entire product flow process from identifying market trends, planning development, and markdown process.
- Work with the VP of Operations to implement product plans in salons.
- Coordinate input from buyers and the salons to ensure that merchandising plans are representative of market trends and product deliveries and are achievable.
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Operations on product selection for ad periods to ensure value and freshness is communicated to the consumer and deliver on the annual financial plan
- Prepare annual margin and inventory plans and the related budgets in accordance with the annual planning process.
- Annually evaluate direct reports and ensure that all members of the buying and merchandising team are performing at a good or better level.
- Set annual financial targets Coordinate with the CFO and the finance team on inventory targets and impact on the financial plan and cash flow.
- Availability to travel to salons, competitors and trade shows as needed.
What will make you successful:
- 12-15 years in merchandising focused on replenishment and implementation review of systems, processes, and reporting.
- Strong and effective leadership at a senior level of a merchant team.
- Superior vendor relationships and negotiating skills, including effectively vetting and strengthening existing vendors in addition to establishing new vendors
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; able to translate great merchandise content into bottom-line profit. Fully understand and utilize finance, planning, and allocation functions. Tableau experience.
- Experience in direct sourcing and establishing new vendor relationships.
- Proven track record of implementing change management methodologies and best practices and leading transformation of processes, organizational design, and tools
- Confident and fact-based decision-maker; comfortable with rigorous analysis required to support proposed merchandising strategies.
- Deadline driven and highly responsive in communicating with both internal and external business partners including during times of business travel.
- Identify, motivate and retain a talented team and lead them to accomplishment of objectives.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses a high level of integrity, honesty, and personal accountability.
- People-oriented and able to effectively communicate across all levels including internal and external executive members, merchandising teams, operational staff members, and vendors.
- Ability to see beyond the horizon and develop new opportunities for the future.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K, Vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO)
About the Family
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands is a people-centric company, focused on Associates and Guests. Our Promise is to do the right thing, right the wrong, and show up every day to support YOU. Our Purpose is to deliver an exceptional experience and a confidence boost, one Guest at a time.
The Hair Cuttery Family of Brands provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all applicants.
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Merchandising & Inventory Planning
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands (HCFB) is the official home of Hair Cuttery®, Bubbles ® and CIBU®. As a multi-brand company of hair salons and professional styling products, HCFB provides an affordable indulgence for all. Putting our stylists at the heart of our business allows us to embrace a hospitality-driven approach to hair care.
After relaunching in 2020 with a mission to create human connections by giving the confidence of style, our company empowers thousands of Salon Professionals to deliver exceptional Guest Service. HCFB continues to transform the beauty industry by adopting tech solutions that personalize the Guest experience inside and outside of the salon. We are the everything hair experience for the entire family.
We are committed to providing the support you need to succeed! And, as a competitive, evolving business, our people have confidence in a future with us. At HCFB, you have the opportunity to control how much money you earn and your quality of life while working in a caring, family environment. Whether you are a new beauty school graduate or an experienced Stylist with a book of loyal clients, we offer a place to build the career of your dreams.
Location_formattedLocationLong: REMOTE, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage