Sr Financial Analyst
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 3958
Position Title: SR FINANCIAL ANALYST
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for enhancing visibility of operational and financial performance while collaborating with different departments to support strategic initiatives, performing financial analyses, building insightful reports, and creating presentations to help guide and inform leaders (both at corporate and in the field) in their decision-making process. Additionally, this position will assist in spearheading the monthly financial forecasts, annual budgeting process, labor optimization initiatives, and various ad-hoc projects.
Who We Are Looking For
We need a self-starter who can focus their analytical mindset, attention to detail, and advanced Excel and data manipulation expertise on interpreting data to designing reports that use numbers to tell a story. As a remote position, the ability to take initiative and work independently is critical. This candidate is a problem solver who’s always looking for ways to improve business operations and streamline internal processes. Lastly, our team values honesty, integrity and respect, encourages creativity and curiosity, and supports your life outside of work.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work closely with the Finance team, the CFO and CEO, and other cross-functional partners. This position reports to the Director of FP&A.
- Perform financial analyses to evaluate trends, support decisions, and identify opportunities that drive stronger financial and operational performance across the Company
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards that leverage data visualization to track and deliver analysis of key performance indicators
- Create self-initiated financial analysis to evaluate trends, model future performance, support implementation decisions, and create insights to drive financial process efficiencies
- Determine and implement data reporting strategies to provide critical information to operating units, Finance, and other key areas
- Identify, extract, and summarize data from multiple sources.
- Actively participate in all budget and forecast processes
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team to ensure investment decisions and business strategy are incorporated into the financial forecasts and budgets
- Opportunities for M&A, due diligence and modeling for potential growth initiatives, and post-acquisition integration
- Assist in preparation of Board of Director and Investor update presentations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial and operational overhead reviews.
- Ad hoc analysis and special project as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field; or combination of relevant education, training, and experience
- 2-5 years' experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, investment banking, accounting and/or corporate development required
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel modeling and data manipulation skills (V-Lookup / Index Match, Pivot Tables, Sensitivity Analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis, to run financial models, and comfort working with large data sets
- Working knowledge of Income Statement, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements
- Proven track record of building meaningful analytical models, ad hoc analyses, and comfort analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Team-oriented aptitude; ability to work in a cross-functional environment and to accept multi-directional feedback
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau is a plus
- Self-directed and highly motivated, with decisiveness and flexibility necessary to operate successfully in a changing, rapid-growth, and hands-on private equity environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Financial Analyst
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands (HCFB) is the official home of Hair Cuttery®, Bubbles ® and CIBU®. As a multi-brand company of hair salons and professional styling products, HCFB provides an affordable indulgence for all. Putting our stylists at the heart of our business allows us to embrace a hospitality-driven approach to hair care.
After relaunching in 2020 with a mission to create human connections by giving the confidence of style, our company empowers thousands of Salon Professionals to deliver exceptional Guest Service. HCFB continues to transform the beauty industry by adopting tech solutions that personalize the Guest experience inside and outside of the salon. We are the everything hair experience for the entire family.
We are committed to providing the support you need to succeed! And, as a competitive, evolving business, our people have confidence in a future with us. At HCFB, you have the opportunity to control how much money you earn and your quality of life while working in a caring, family environment. Whether you are a new beauty school graduate or an experienced Stylist with a book of loyal clients, we offer a place to build the career of your dreams.
Location_formattedLocationLong: REMOTE, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage