Location: United States
Requisition Number: 4658
Position Title: Assistant Buyer
PURPOSE: The Assistant Buyer supports the Buyer with merchandise selection, pricing and business analysis with the goal of meeting or exceeding sales, margin and inventory targets. An Assistant Buyer schedules and tracks purchase orders and works cross-functionally to resolve delivery issues accordingly. An Assistant Buyer partners with Planner/Assistant Planner to analyze business trends.
- Supports the Buyer with to work collaboratively with vendor and brand partners to maximize first to market approach of on trend products, promotional and pricing strategy for the assigned category placement
- Supports the Buyer with working collaboratively with the marketing and salon operations team to ensure a ‘guest first’ approach to the product and retail promotional strategy.
- Supports the Buyer to work collaboratively with the planning and allocation team to ensure ideal inventory levels
- Contributes with analyzing and drawing conclusions from multiple resources so as to provide a concise, logical merchandising focus
- Supports Buyer with identifying and promoting new products and trends in a timely manner to maximize sales potential
- Identifies and devises profitable exit strategies, including vendor participation, of slow selling items, discontinued items, package changes and poor promotional sell through
- Supports Buyer with vendor partnerships and negotiations so as to reduce costs, increase margin, special terms, discounts, allowances and payment dating in all appropriate opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years’ prior experience
- Familiarity with retail math including, sales margin and turn
- Understanding of Open to Buy and implications of shrink
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop/maintain strong working relationship with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Possesses a clear understanding of the target guest, supplier base and competitors
- Able to work in fast paced environment, multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Buyer
Hair Cuttery Family of Brands (HCFB) is the official home of Hair Cuttery®, Bubbles ® and CIBU®. As a multi-brand company of hair salons and professional styling products, HCFB provides an affordable indulgence for all. Putting our stylists at the heart of our business allows us to embrace a hospitality-driven approach to hair care.
After relaunching in 2020 with a mission to create human connections by giving the confidence of style, our company empowers thousands of Salon Professionals to deliver exceptional Guest Service. HCFB continues to transform the beauty industry by adopting tech solutions that personalize the Guest experience inside and outside of the salon. We are the everything hair experience for the entire family.
We are committed to providing the support you need to succeed! And, as a competitive, evolving business, our people have confidence in a future with us. At HCFB, you have the opportunity to control how much money you earn and your quality of life while working in a caring, family environment. Whether you are a new beauty school graduate or an experienced Stylist with a book of loyal clients, we offer a place to build the career of your dreams.
Location_formattedLocationLong: REMOTE, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage